Thursday, January 31, 2008

Self Medicating

One piece of advice: Don't Do It!

Or in my case, decide yourself not to do it.

I had been on a particular medicine for my thyroid for about 2 years. It is a pretty small dose, and so I decided about 2 months ago that I didn't need it anymore. It does cost money every month. Why should we spend that $10 on medicine when I could go to Subway or something?

It seems like a harmless idea, yet with so many bad consequences.

Lately I have been gaining weight, feeling tired, and having headaches, among other things. I finally decided to go to the doctor today because the tips of my fingers have been going numb at random intervals.

It's all connected to the 50 micrograms of medicine I am not taking anymore.

As of today, I am back on the medicine.

I'll still go to Subway =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps your lack of thyroid medicine actually caused you not to understand 6 yr. old grammer! It is possible, isn't it? LD