Friday, January 11, 2008

The Silver Lining

So I took the christmas tree down yesterday. Translation: I drug the 7ft tall christmas tree outside on the porch while still in the base. There it sits waiting for someone masculine to do something about it.

The kids were a bit sad. Then I had a GENIUS idea. (When you are a mom, genius ideas come about all the time because that is how you survive. Plus, looking like a genius to a 6 year old is much easier than, say, to a 20 year old.)

To lead up to my genius idea, I had to give the bad news first. I told the kids we had to burn the Christmas tree.

Very quickly I exclaimed "But guess what!" in a high sing-songy type voice .

(mom's also find that using the high sing-songy type voice can make anything more interesting to a 3 year old)

So here it comes....

"When we burn the Christmas Tree," I said, "we can roast marshmallows and have S'MORES"!!!!!

What were we talking about again????? A tree of some sort??? All I heard was S'MORES.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We made a Walmart run and we bought 10 bags of marshmellows- when is the bonfire? LD