Friday, January 18, 2008

Dogs

WARNING: Don't read this is if you are eating, I will get a bit graphic.

Let's talk about dogs for a few minutes. I like dogs as well as the next girl. Wait, scratch that. I like well behaved dogs as much as the next girl. I am particularly attracted to the smallish, yap dogs because, well, they are not scary. The most they can do is bite your ankle. There is absolutely no chance of a chihuahua mauling you to death. It just doesn't happen.

For those of you out there who have big dogs, that is great. On your own property, I don't really care if your dog is as big as a horse and as mean as an angry pitbull. The problem comes when your dog leaves your property and gets onto my property. Huge problem.

We own a little over 3 acres in a semi-populated area. For some reason, the neighborhood dogs seem to congregate on our property.

We have talked to the owners, pleaded with the owners, and have generally been diplomatic about it. Until now.

The dogs frequently get into our trash; that we can handle. What we can't handle is them tearing our two ducks to pieces. Literally. Like we found the pieces, in a direct path to the house of the "non-violent" dogs.

From now on our property is "NO DOGS ALLOWED." Any dog who violates this will be swiftly taken care of. You know what I mean. If you know dog sign-language, please let them know.

For any bleeding hearts out there, I wish I could say I'm sorry, but I'm really not. We are just protecting our property, and making sure our children are safe, not in pieces.

Children or dogs.

Doesn't seem that hard of a choice when you put it like that, does it.

(Don't worry, the next post will be much lighter in nature=)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go get 'em.