Saturday, October 27, 2007

Just so Trendy

Have you ever had the feeling that you are just so Trendy that no one even knows you are Trendy? I'll explain.

Last spring I bought one of those 3/4 sleeve coats (sort of like a cape, but with one button at the top) that I had seen on some TV show. FYI, clothes trends you see on TV take about 6 to 18 months to filter down to the public, except in CA because the Stars just take home the clothes they wear on TV.

I wore it last spring, and people kind of looked at me funny. Georgia is not exactly on the cutting edge of fashion. I wore it the other day and got literally 3 compliments on it. I also saw said coats in every store I walked into. In every color.

The same thing happened to me with Capri pants. In 1999, I was looking EVERYWHERE for a pair of capri pants I had seen on TV. I only found them one place, The Limited, and in two colors. The following summer they were the hottest trend. Every store, every color, every length.

ALso happened to me with High Boots and Birkenstocks

Hence, I am so Trendy that no one even knows I'm Trendy. I think that actually means that I look stupid to others until the trend actually filters through.

Stupid or Trendy. It's a fine line =)

No comments: